Monday, August 19, 2013

HAUL: Mini shopping spree from Sasa in Hong Kong





This is actually a belated post and I have already tried all three products on myself for about a week, so I will share a few of my first thoughts on these three products.



Talika Lipocils Expert Eyelash conditioning gel

The Lipocils Expert that I bought came with a foam-tip applicator connecting to a mascara like wand so you can evenly spread the gel over your eyelash. You basically apply the product with the foam-tip applicator to the roots of your eyelashes and brush it out with the mascara wand. Talika promises the following results in 28 days:

  1. 36% growth
  2. 50% increase in colour
  3. 50% increase in curl


       
Before treatment
After treatment

It wasn't cheap even from Sasa at HK$340, but given Talika's promises, I have decided to give it a go. With one week's use, I have already seen some results in my short, straight and sparse Asian lashes. I'm not sure whether I see any increase in the curl, but it does definitely seem slightly longer and darker (yay!). Another thing that I noticed is that my lashes seem to be healthier as they do not seem to fall off as easily (especially noticeable as I remove mascara daily). 

Pity that I did not document this from day 1 and cannot show you guys a progress photo - but I promise I will document from today onwards and will show you guys the results in three weeks! 

Nuxe Gentle Toning Lotion for face and eyes


Nuxe Rose Petal range

Since I have used up my second bottle of SKII toner, I have decided to try a toner with a less hefty price tag. Following up from my first blog post about the HadaLabo AHA+BHA foaming cleanser, I initially wanted to grab the HadaLabo Hyaluronic Acid toner. However, the store assistant from Sasa highly recommended this Nuxe toner to me as it was on a promotion and apparently much more hydrating than the HadaLabo. 

The toner comes from Nuxe's cleansers and makeup remover skincare range, which are all infused with rose petals, and designed for sensitive skin. Nuxe uses natural active ingredients and creates non-comedogenic products that does not contain paraben. 

This toner is pretty basic as it is just rosewater. The store assistant in Sasa was of the view that rosewater is more hydrating than hyaluronic acid and I have yet to test that. However, I do find that this toner is extremely gentle and will definitely be suitable for anyone with sensitive skin or suffering from other skin conditions. It is alcohol-free and suitable for both face and eyes (a great plus!) It doesn't have a particularly strong scent, but does not give a horrible smell like hyaluronic acid products. With the promotion, the toner was only HK$110 (as compared to SKII's absolutely insane price tag of HK$490).

I quite like the clean packaging of this range though and do love the idea that all products are infused with roses - may possibly try their cleansing range! (particularly intrigued with the rose petals infused makeup remover).

NARS Pure Radiant Tinted Moisturizer SPF30/PA+++


I've been looking high and low for a tinted moisturizer with slight coverage, yet not just a sheer veil like the Becca Luminous Skin Colour Ultra-sheer Foundation SPF25+ and have finally decided on purchasing the NARS. I got the colour "Finland" and it is a great match for my NC25 colour. 

I especially love that this has SPF30/PA+++ as this means that for daily purposes, I do not need to use a sunscreen base prior to its application. On application, it appears dewy, giving the illusion of younger, healthy and glowing skin. I would advise against this tinted moisturizer if you have combination-oily to oily skin. Do give this tinted moisturizer a go if you have normal to normal-combination skin types. At 50ml of product, I believe that it is worth the money, as a little goes a long way!

P.S. I actually got this at the NARS counter as I don't think Sasa carries NARS...

Free gift (Swiss programme):

Before I forget, the purchase also came with a little gift - two samples each of the Swiss Programme Recovery Eye Essence and the Recovery Eye Gel Cream (thank you Sasa). Never say no to samples!




Hope you enjoyed the post, do follow us for regular updates and thanks for tuning in!

V


Bloglovinhttp://www.bloglovin.com/primpprimepose

Instagram: http://instagram.com/PrimpPrimePose

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/PrimpPrimePose

No comments:

Post a Comment