Tuesday, September 03, 2013

REVIEW:: Cle de Peau Silky Cream Foundation



An amazing friend got this incredibly expensive foundation for me as a birthday gift when I couldn't stop talking about it after trying a sample that came with my purchase of CdP's eyebrow pencil. Cle de Peau is a premium cosmetics brand under Shiseido and I have honestly never purchased either skincare or makeup at this price range to date. 







Thumbs up to CdP's squeeze tube packaging! Clean, travel-friendly and you can get every little bit of the product out.



I was told by the SA at CdP that my colour was O20 and this is the perfect match for my NC20 - NC25 skin with yellow undertones. The formula of the foundation is smooth, silky and glides on my skin like a moisturizer. I usually apply it with my hands or with my Real Techniques Expert Face Brush for a higher coverage. The coverage of this foundation is medium to high, and yet, it did not appear cakey and my skin looked like a healthier version of itself. 



The foundation has a dewy finish, so if you don't like that, you may want to give their Cream Foundation a try instead - which has a high coverage with a matte finish.
CdP's foundations do not contain any SPF, making it a perfect foundation on occasions where you expect a lot of pictures to be taken as there will be absolutely no flash back. 

The sample that came with my CdP purchase

Left: Zero makeup || Right: Half-face CdP Silky Cream Foundation applied with Expert Face Brush

At HK$950 for 25ml of products, the price really came as a shocker. I am not a foundation girl as I usually prefer tinted moisturizers and BB creams. The texture and finish of this foundation was so amazing that even if my friend had not purchased it for me, I would have made the splurge myself. I am so happy with this product that I am seriously contemplating purchasing more of their make-up products. 

If you are hesitant due to the price tag, don't be afraid to go up to the CdP counter and ask for samples. If they do not give you a packet, bring your own little jar and ask for a pump! Do not be embarrassed - there are absolutely no reason why they will not let you test out products such as foundations before making a purchase, especially at this price tag.

If you do purchase it, do let me know your thoughts!

Hope you enjoyed the post, do follow us for regular updates and thanks for tuning in!

V

Bloglovin: http://www.bloglovin.com/primpprimepose

Instagram: http://instagram.com/PrimpPrimePose

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/PrimpPrimePose

No comments:

Post a Comment