Sunday, September 15, 2013

REVIEW: Top Beauty Picks Part IV - Mascara Products featuring Shu Uemura and more!


Finally, here is the last part of my top beauty picks series (for eyebrow products, I will blog about it separately with a description of how I apply it.) 

Heroine Make is a Japanese drugstore brand that is again, easily accessible in Hong Kong via stores such as Sasa and possibly Bonjour. One side of the mascara brush (the stumpy, almost flat side) is used for depositing the product on the roots of your lashes and the other side (with the bristles) is used to quickly brush your lashes upwards in a slightly zig-zag motion to spread the products. 

The Heroine Make mascara has a relatively dry formula, which is perfect for thin Asian lashes like mine as it means that the formula will not weigh down the curl of my lashes. It also holds the curl for over 24 hours (yes - I have tried this for over 24 hours). This mascara has quickly become my holy grail mascara.


My short, sparse and straight Asian lashes without mascara


The Shu Uemura eyelash curler is the best and only eyelash curler I've used since I discovered it during my senior high years. The curvature is perfect for my eyes and it manages to get every single lash in a single use. 


Left:: Curled with Shu Uemura lash curler || Right: One coat of Heroine Make mascara in Black

You can just see the dramatic difference just one coat makes. I have tried many Japanese drugstore mascaras previously and the lengthening ones are all fibre-based, which is a huge problem as the fibres fall all over my face and pokes my contacts during the day. This one however, lengthens my lashes without any falling fibre problems (not sure if it's fibre-based?).  

The side of the brush used for depositing product onto the roots of the eyelash also slightly lines my inner water line, defining my eyes without the need to apply any eyeliner. 

All in all, the Shu Uemura eyelash curler and Heroine Make mascara in Black are both products that gives me the quick fix I need before I rush off into the crazy corporate finance world every morning. 


Hope you enjoyed the post, do follow us for regular updates and thanks for tuning in!

V

Bloglovin: http://www.bloglovin.com/primpprimepose

Instagram: http://instagram.com/PrimpPrimePose

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/PrimpPrimePose


No comments:

Post a Comment