Monday, December 09, 2013

REVIEW:: Apivita Express Beauty with Propolis




Happy Monday guys!

Apivita is a greek brand that focuses on using natural ingredients (all products contain between 80 - 100% natural ingredients). Apivita in Latin means "life of a bee" and the honey bee and the bee colony is one of Apivita's main inspirations. They have their own bee farm in which they harvest  natural bee ingredients including honey, royal jelly and propolis (that are free of pesticides and chemical residues) to be used in their skincare range. 

Apivita is extremely famous for their range of masks and due to their founding focus on bees - I was naturally very excited to try out their express beauty with propolis.





All of Apivita's masks comes in packets like these. I think each box comes with 12 packets - and you are supposed to use one pack each time (though I use it about 2 - 3 times). 

Propolis is collected from flower buds and is used by bees to seal gaps that appear in beehives. It is a natural source believed to prevent diseases and parasites from entering the hives and to inhibit fungal and bacterial growth. Propolis has been widely used even in ancient times as a source of antiseptic. 



Follow the lines and tear a small gap so that if you cannot finish the pack in one go, it won't get too messy for a second or third application. 





Take a generous amount and spread it either entirely over your face or on areas that you would like treatment on. When I use it all over my face, I notice that my skin is immediately softened after 20 minutes of application. Apivita suggests to layer on the product thickly over your entire face for 20 minutes, whereby the propolis will dry and you may wash it off. I would not suggest to use this overnight as it may be too drying.

Since I've had a particularly bad bout of hormonal acne last month, and  I was naughty and didn't keep my fingers off popping them, I ended up having some bad wounds on my forehead and I decided to go ahead and test out how the propolis mask would help. 




  1. Sunday - open wound, no products applied
  2. Monday - the anti-inflammatory effects can be clearly seen as the redness has noticeably decreased


Tuesday - a scab has formed over the wound to protect the growing new skin underneath
Wednesday - the scab has fallen off, revealing tender, new skin underneath




Thursday - the new skin is less tender and a larger area has become smooth
Friday - acne has noticeably died down

I continuously applied the mask for four nights and did not do anything on the fifth. This product worked wonders in just 4 days in healing my broken skin and accelerating the growth of new skin. I also felt that the propolis really protected my wounds in ridding it of any bacteria that may aggravate the wound and cause more acne. 

All in all, an excellent product that is definitely worth your time (and money)! Though it does say "for young oily skin", don't be put off by this as I have normal - combination skin and it is absolutely fine to use this as a treatment for those horrible hormonal acne we girls experience. 

Hope you enjoyed the post, do follow us for regular updates and thanks for tuning in!

V

Bloglovin: http://www.bloglovin.com/primpprimepose

Instagram: http://instagram.com/PrimpPrimePose

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/PrimpPrimePose



No comments:

Post a Comment