Monday, November 25, 2013

Eve Lom Cleanser:: Thoughts and Review


Happy Monday everyone! Hope you all had a great weekend! 

I have acquired the infamous Eve Lom cleanser a few months back from lookfantastic.com but did not have the chance to test it out. Cleansing is a very important step in my skincare regime and honestly, I was a bit skeptical as to how one single cleanser can properly cleanse my skin as well as remove all traces of makeup. 






The cleanser comes with a muslin cloth that Eve Lom suggests we use with. How to use this cleanser? Simple steps. 
  1. Scoop a bit of the thick cleanser on clean hands
  2. Massage it all over face and neck to cleanse and remove makeup (you will instantly see your makeup being removed)
  3. Run muslin cloth over hot water, wring dry and place over face for 5 seconds (this is to open your pores) 
  4. Repeat step 3 three times
  5. Run muslin cloth over warm water, wring dry and gently rub cleanser off your face (gentle exfoliation)
  6. Run muslin cloth over cold water, wring dry and place over face for 5 seconds (this is to close your pores) 

With this cleanser, I find that I am absolutely comfortable without my usual "double cleansing" regime (though please do not use this to remove any eye makeup). 

With regards to smell...the cleanser smells a bit strange to me - I cannot really place my fingers on what exactly it smells like, though I do not dislike the smell and the packaging is just lovely with a simple white container and "Eve Lom" written in gold. 


I do realise that this product in 100ml costs an arm and a leg at GBP55 and further marked up in Hong Kong (you can get it at the Mandarin Oriental). However, I definitely got this for a deal on lookfantastic.com (that is still AVAILABLE!). For GBP55, I got a 100ml cleanser, a 50ml Rescue Mask and a 15ml TLC Radiance Cream - I'm sure it takes no math whizz to figure out that I got the Rescue Mask and the Cream for free! (even though the TLC Radiance cream is a sample size).

For those who has never heard of "LookFantastic" - it is a british online beauty retailer stocking brands and products that you may or may not be able to find in Hong Kong. It does free delivery worldwide at no minimum spending (!!!) For those curious, LookFantastic charges in GBP (British Pounds). 

Hope you enjoyed the post, do follow us for regular updates and thanks for tuning in!
V


Bloglovin: http://www.bloglovin.com/primpprimepose
Instagram: http://instagram.com/PrimpPrimePose
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/PrimpPrimePose

No comments:

Post a Comment