Tuesday, April 29, 2014

REVIEW:: Shiseido White Lucent Brightening Skincare Powder

Hello hello! Hope everyone had a good weekend. A trip to Osaka burnt my wallet out as I got way too excited on makeup and skincare products. Haven't really had a chance to try much out yet - but I am so amazed with this new limited edition Shiseido Brightening Skincare Powder from their White Lucent line that I cannot wait to share with everyone!





When I was just picking up a few items at the Shiseido counter the Japanese sale kept selling this "whitening" product to me and well our conversation got nowhere when I was completely baffled by the idea of a skincare powder. 

What I gathered from the Japanese sales: 
1) it has "amazing" whitening properties (contains the same ingredient that is infused in their new White Lucent Intensive Spot Targeting Serum)

2) ideally used at night AFTER moisturising - strange since she did say it contains serum properties so I automatically thought that you would use it like a serum 

3) can also be used in the morning as a setting powder (I have yet to try this- quite reluctant to put that sponge on a made up face) 

4) only available in Japan (which I have also learnt now that isn't true - it is also available in Singapore though I haven't seen it on the Hong Kong market yet) 

Results I see: 


This is the instantaneous results upon application AFTER applying moisturiser.  Skin is visibly brighter and smoother. I honestly didn't expect much of this strange idea of a product but with just 3 nights of using this, my acne scars that wouldn't fade (even with diligently using my trusty LancĂ´me Visionnaire serum and my new SKII Cellumination Aura Essence) started to see drastic improvements the morning after and I wake up with brighter, smoother skin. 



Taking a closer look at the powder itself, it is extremely finely milled and applies flawlessly. You don't need too much of the product either - two light swipes on the powder will be sufficient. I usually apply it first on my cheeks (most acne scarring), then forehead, nose, chin. I also feel as though the product acts like a skincare setting powder sealing in all my serums and moisturisers. 

All in all, an interesting idea of skincare that I highly recommend (definitely for the coming terrible humid summer HK is about to suffer)! 

Hope you enjoyed the review!


5 comments:

  1. Hi, thank you for sharing. I love the powder so much, as far as I know, you can only get this in Japan now. I bought it in Penang 2 years ago, special limited edition during their anniversary celebration, no longer available in Malaysia after that. How much it cost in Japan? I'm going to ask my cousin to look for it during her trip to Japan.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there! Hope you enjoyed the review. Unfortunately, I forget the price in Japan now, but it definitely wasn't overly expensive as I bought it without giving it a second thought. I would imagine it's around the same price range as the White Lucent line :) Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, thanks for sharing! I've been looking for online review of this product for a while since it is not convenient to buy it. So glad to see them here. May I ask one question? since it was claimed as a limited edition product, is it still avail on the market now in Japan? If so, may I ask which store you got it? i'd like to ask my friend to take a look for me! Thanks so much for sharing again!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi there Wen Tian! I got it at the Shiseido counter at Takashimaya in Osaka. The SA in Osaka didn't tell me that it was a limited edition product...try your luck at Takashimaya!

    ReplyDelete
  5. you have describe such authentic products which will definitely help the readers Your blog article is really very nice and well written who wants information regarding Shiseido perfect whip.

    Japanese products | Japanese makeup | Japanese skin care

    ReplyDelete