Saturday, May 03, 2014

REVIEW:: THREE cosmetics, eyeliner and more!


Happy weekend everyone! Next up on sharing my crazy haul in Osaka is from THREE cosmetics. I have read many great reviews about THREE's flash performance eyeliner pencils and of course, I had to go pick one up whilst I was in Osaka. 

The colour I naturally went for was the flash performance eyeliner pencils in 08 Eye On which is a deep black with subtle silver glitter particles that catches in certain lighting. I tried it on the next day and abandoned the 3CE liquid eyeliner in #Black (that I absolutely adore and have previously blogged about here) for the rest of my stay in Osaka. Of course, this meant that I went back to the THREE store and purchased two other flash performance eyeliner pencils, a back up of 08 and their sub tone defining eye pencil in two different colours, that can act as both eyeliner and eyeshadow. 




The THREE flash performance eyeliner pencils is duo ended with the pencil on one end and a smudger on the other ended like many eyeliner pencils. The formula applies with amazing smoothness and can be softly blended out for a smudged effect. The colour intensity can also be easily controlled with their silicone smudger. The formula stays put all day and doesn't budge at all. 

I have swatched the colours I bought below for you and rubbed at it with a tissue really hard shortly after application and though some colour comes off on the tissue, you can see that nothing budges. 

THREE flash performance eyeliner pencil in 08 Eye On

THREE flash performance eyeliner pencil in 06 Eye Kon

THREE flash performance eyeliner pencil in 01 Eye Love

This is definitely the best designed silicone smudged I have seen on any eyeliner pencil. Instead of the usual rounded design, this one is slanted to mimick the design of an angled eyeliner brush - perfect for those mornings where you are in a rush but yet still want to be able to achieve an easy, soft eye look. 

THREE flash performance eyeliner pencil in 08 in action - smudged out for a softer look
The THREE eyeliner pencils come in 8 shades and all of them contains fine glitter, some more than others and though pigmented, I would not recommend applying this on your waterline for this reason. 

Next up is the THREE sub tone defining eye pencil in 03 Taking Off (Brown) and 04 Thursday (Grey). I was sold by the sales recommendation that this was an easy eyeshadow stick for everyday application. 


However, I am not too impressed with the lasting power of this eyeshadow stick. The pigments are obviously softer than the flash performance eyeliners and though beautiful on application, the colour gets a bit muddy by the end of the day. When I rubbed a tissue on it, almost all the colour came off, whereas the flash performance eyeliner didn't budge. The application is not as smooth comparatively and I found it a bit difficult to blend it out as an eyeshadow.

I believe the sub tone defining eye pencils are designed to be subtle and achieve that "no make up make up look"for your eyes. So if that is what you are looking for, this is definitely the product to try. 

Last but not least, whilst I was waiting to pay, this little gem below caught my eye and I had to purchase it too. 



THREE's velvet lust lipstick in 05 Love Like Heaven is a beautiful Sakura pink perfect for the spring season. The formula is extremely moisturising and also does not cause my sensitive lips to peel on application. The slim packaging also makes it extremely easy to travel with and carry around in your purse. I would say the colour stays for about 4 hours before re-application is required. 

A great find and overall very pleased with THREE cosmetics! 

Hope you enjoyed the review!



No comments:

Post a Comment