Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Ellis Faas: Ellis Eyes Eyeshadow Review in Photos


 Happy Wednesday everyone! I have been back from Australia for a week now and of course, I owe a (or many) blog post(s) on my purchases over there. As Ellis Faas is one of the premium make-up brands not yet offered in Hong Kong, I picked up two of their eyeshadows in Melbourne (AUD52 each) and the colour is so pigmented and gorgeous that I had to try really hard to not pick up a 3rd and 4th.

The packaging of all Ellis Faas products (save for their powder and liquid foundation) comes in a steel-like bullet shaped pen, which I adore. Other than being sleek, it is very travel friendly - Ellis Faas even provides a pen holder (genius!) for you to hold up to 6 items (take your pick from their lipsticks, concealer, eyeshadow, mascara, eyeliner) with their Skin Veil Foundation SPF15 (to fit in the middle compartment) as the size is slightly fatter than the bullets and also their powder (to bit fitted at the bottom).


 I usually pick out neutral, everyday (you can say boring) colours when I decide to splurge on a new brand. Particularly because I do not wear eyeshadow on a daily basis, making this my only justification on the purchase.

The first shade is the Ellis Faas Light in E303, which is a bronzy brown with fine golden shimmer particles. The second shade is the Ellis Faas Creamy Eyes in E104, which is a dark matte brown colour that you can use as an eyeliner if you're going for that softer look.

Ellis Faas Creamy Eyes in E104
Though I love that these eyeshadows come with a brush, making it a real time (and space) saver during application, as the brush is quite thick, if you do have a bit of time I would still recommend using your own brushes for precision.
Ellis Faas Light in E303
The Ellis Faas Light is what amazed me the most. The eyeshadow applies in semi liquid form but quickly dries down to a silky smooth cream. The bronze is never too orange under any lighting and is quite warm, which is amazing for my yellow skintone. Applied with a light hand, the bronze finish can absolutely be worn during the day.

Both formula does not budge on my primer-less eyes either.

E303 and E104(used as eyeliner) in action during the day
E303 and E104 (used as eyeshadow in the outer V) during a night out

Ellis Faas Light in E303 & Ellis Faas Creamy Eyes in E304
Packaging: 10/10
Colour: 10/10
Durability: 10/10
Price: 8/10

If you'd like to give this eyeshadow a try, you can purchase the products at sephora.com:

Hope you enjoyed the post, do follow us for regular updates and thanks for tuning in!

V

Bloglovin: http://www.bloglovin.com/primpprimepose

Instagram: http://instagram.com/PrimpPrimePose

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/PrimpPrimePose


No comments:

Post a Comment