Thursday, October 10, 2013

REVIEW: Lancome Visionnaire Yeux and Lancome Visionnaire Advanced Skin Corrector

 

Happy Wednesday from Melbourne everyone! I was very excited when Lancome released the Visionnaire Yeux along with their Visionnaire line and just had to purchase it just because the Visionnaire Advanced Corrector worked like miracle on my skin and I had high hopes for Visionnaire's formula to work just as well on my problematic eye area. 

Before that, let's talk about why I love the Visionnaire formula so much.



As most of you know, before Lancome had a Visionnaire line, the first product that came out was this Visionnaire Advanced Corrector. The "LR 2412" is an internationally patented formula. The name came from the 2412 experiments that Lancome lab researchers conducted in order to get the molecules to behave exactly they want it to on our skin - correct uneven skin texture, minimize pores and reduce wrinkles. Lancome suggests using it for 4 weeks in order to see results, but personally, I started seeing results after 7 days and the serum did exactly what it says it does.

The consistency of the serum is quite smooth and runny as you can see from the picture above. It has a pink tinge to it with a pearly sheen though it does not show up on the skin when applied. Two pumps is more than enough for both my face and neck and applies extremely easily. 

Spreaded out, it looks watery as if it is a moisturizing serum. Though Lancome does not claim it has moisturizing properties, I find that this is actually moisturizing enough by itself during a summer day - even in a relatively drier climate like Melbourne. I usually apply this only at night but you can actually apply it day and night.

I would suggest continuous use for 4 weeks in the beginning to see the best results - by that I mean even people around you will notice and compliment your skin. After that, I usually give my skin a break from it before starting another 4 weeks treatment. This is now my second bottle and I definitely swear by this serum.


I wanted to truly test out the product prior to writing this review and I have now used this eye cream for 4 weeks. The Visionnaire Yeux comes in a bullet looking tube with a plastic looking (honestly not too sure what the material is) applicator. Lancome promises diminished dark eye circles, smooth wrinkles and refine eye contour texture. I wasn't looking at the product to help with my dark circles as I have mentioned previously, mine are hereditary and there is nothing I can do about it, so I cannot really speak as to its effectiveness in this area. However, the Visionnaire formula does not fail to disappoint in its eye cream in that my pre-mature wrinkles/crows feet is obviously refined and the texture on my under eye area is noticeably smoother. 

Top: Front of applicator with slit where eye cream dispenses. Bottom: Back of applicator with massage beads

Personally, I thought that this applicator was purely a gimmick (which was quite a nice touch!) and there is no advantage in using it at all. I do not enjoy applying this eye cream with the applicator. I usually squeeze a pea size onto my ring finger and apply it on both my upper and lower eye area in a dabbing motion as I would with any other eye cream. When applied with the applicator, I found that the cream sort of spreaded on the applicator instead of my skin and the massage beads felt a little harsh for the delicate eye area. 


The white beads you see in the formula are supposed to be the essence of the Visionnaire Yeux formula. Keep dabbing at it until it disappears into your skin to get the maximum benefit. As with the advanced corrector, I saw noticeable results with Visionnaire Yeux within 7 days. Its moisturizing properties (if any) will be put to test when the harsh winter hits Hong Kong.


Lancome Visionnaire Advanced Corrector
Packaging: 7/10 
Effectiveness: 10/10
Price: 7/10

Lancome Visionnaire Yeux
Packaging: 7/10
Effectiveness: 8/10
Price: 8/10 

Hope you enjoyed the post, do follow us for regular updates and thanks for tuning in!



No comments:

Post a Comment